I've wanted to make a mobile for a long time, but beating me to it, Ophelia decided that she wanted to create her first mobile for her little brother - to hang above his cot.
So here's how we did it..
1. First we painted the flat colours (of Ophelia's choice!) onto sheets of 270gms paper
2. Then we glued two different colours together
3. Ophelia drew her favourite shapes over one side which I then cut.
4. I used very thin wires to build the mobile shape - which you can buy in any model shop (and some art shops). Some people use a coat-hanger but I find it very difficult to manipulate into shape.
5. After attaching the strings, we used lots of different objects (buttons, jewels, cut-designs) to balance the mobile. This is the most difficult bit, getting the weight right on each side.
The shadows that the mobile casts on the wall are as sweet as the mobile itself. What a wonderful project :)
Posted by: Danielle | January 30, 2011 at 08:46 PM
What a beautiful gift
Posted by: kat | December 28, 2010 at 02:24 PM
This is so beautiful... I love it :) K
Posted by: Kylie | December 28, 2010 at 05:08 AM
Vous saurez qui recruter pour FS la prochaine fois! bravo ophelia et joyeuses fetes sous la neige. vanessa
Posted by: BozAround | December 27, 2010 at 07:23 PM