You loved the first pop up card I had made during the lockdown in 2021 so I am delighted to share with you this new illustrated pop up to make at home and to gift to your loved ones!
Here are the 3 steps to receive your free printable:
A. Sign up to Famille Summerbelle newsletter
on the home page (a pop up window will appear or you can also sign up at the bottom of the home page)
B. You will receive an email from Famille Summerbelle with the free printable
C. Download and print the .pdf document.
1. Before you start prepare the following items:
- 2 x white A4 size sheets (A4= 21 x 29.7cm) Make sure the paper weight is a minimum of 150 or 200 gsm (if the paper is too light it won't hold the cut out shapes)
- 1 x coloured A4 sheet for the back cover of the card
- A pair of scissors and a scalpel with sharp blades (I use Swann Morton A10 blades)
No need to mention to keep this sharp tool out of reach of children!
- A cutting board if you use the scalpel
- Paper glue
2. Print in colour the 2 illustrated sheets. We will start by folding the main card with the heart:
Fold the A4 sheet in half.
Follow the indication written on the triangle: the dots are to be cut, the straight line, to fold.
Fold in half the sheet (with the illustrated side in front of you)
With scissors cut the two long dotted lines on the bottom of the two large triangles.
5+6. Cut the small dotted lines of the small triangles and fold as seen on the photo.
Unfold them and open the A4 sheet flat.
7. This is the trickiest part!
Open flat the A4 sheet and then gently close the sheet and pull towards you the folds in the middle of the large triangles and at the same time the small triangles. Press them folded while you close the sheet in half.
You should now open and close the A4 sheet with the large and small triangles opening up in 3 dimensions (see photo)
Open again and do the same with the small triangles. Now, you should be able to open and close the A4 sheet and see the large and small triangles folding on the inside as you close the A4 sheet.
8. Make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee, it's time to use the other illustrated sheet and start cutting the leaves, flowers and birds.
9+ 10. Once all the illustrations are cut, start to glue the different elements on the folded triangles. Start to glue on the large triangles.
Have fun composing your page with the leaves and flowers as seen on the photo.
Open and close the A4 sheet as you add each elements to make sure they fold nicely together.
11. Once all the elements are glued and dried it's time to make the cover of your card. You can use a coloured A4 sheet and add to the front a fun title or some cut outs. Make sure to only glue the parts that are not folded.
Take your favourite pen and write a message full of love to the person you cherish!
I hope you have enjoyed making your own pop up card :-)
It would make me so happy to see the cards you have made! Please share your creations and link it to Instagram @famillesummerbelle #famillesummerbelle
Or leave me a comment below, i'd love to hear your thoughts about this printable and tutorial.
If it is something you'd like me to do more often, let me know!
Happy Valentine's, Galentine's & Malentine's Day! Or just share your LOVE all year round with this pop up card!